Westcon-Comstor today announced the appointment by NetApp, the data authority for hybrid cloud, as its distributor for sub-Saharan Africa, effective 1 May 2019.
Westcon-Comstor has been a distributor in some territories for many years, but can now offer NetApp solutions across sub-Saharan Africa. With an extensive footprint, Westcon-Comstor will offer NetApp solutions in South Africa (SA), Southern African Development Community (SADC), French West Africa (FWA), West Africa (WA), East Africa (EA) and Indian Ocean Islands (IOI). The reinvigorated collaboration comes as part of a strategy to strengthen the role of NetApp distributors and partners in EMEA and provides customers with world-class services and solutions.
While many global vendors have a blended channel strategy that allows them to sell directly to large enterprise end-users, this has been to the detriment of local partners. NetApp continues to place emphasis on being a channel-focused company.
"Our affiliation with NetApp has grown from strength to strength. The vendor is committed to aligning its strategy in the new financial year to support, develop, invest in and empower its distribution relationship as well as its partners in the region," states Rakesh Parbhoo, CEO at Westcon-Comstor Sub-Saharan Africa. "As the preferred distributor of its solutions, combined with the investment NetApp has committed to putting into the channel, I believe we will be able to expand the market while providing our customers with solutions that fulfil their hybrid cloud and data services requirements and simplify the management of applications in their business and across multiple clouds."
A primary focus for both businesses is to invest and enable NetApp channel partners to become self-sufficient and accelerate growth. Through unique channel programmes such as Westcon-Comstor EDGE, we enable partners with unique tools and support.
EDGE in action
* Vendor portfolio grows sales and unlocks opportunities;
* PartnerView platform makes transactions easy;
* Technical services provide support where you need it;
* Dedicated account management when you need it; and
* Vendor programmes and promotions boost profitability.
* Proof of concept (POC) trials, testing and demos improve solution design;
* Training, education and certification develop teams; and
* Mentoring plans help partners prosper and grow.
* Complementary vendors provide complete solutions;
* Marketing as a service builds awareness and profile;
* Lead generation unlocks more profitable opportunities;
* Financial services, credit and capital supports growth; and
* Logistics and supply chain enable seamless deployments.
* Renewals and annuities maximise recurring revenues;
* Global deployment solutions extend reach and scale;
* Digital distribution tools adapt to evolving market; and
* Professional services complement existing capabilities.
"We have strengthened our relationship with Westcon-Comstor based on our history of successful partnership as well as its expertise in the industry and this market," said Kristian Kerr, NetApp Vice-President Partners & Pathways EMEA. "Partnering with and empowering the channel is crucial to NetApp's strategy in sub-Saharan Africa. Together, we will be the leading hybrid- and multi-cloud experts for our customers, empowering people while providing a profitable and predictable environment in which businesses can thrive."
With an extensive footprint in sub-Saharan Africa, Westcon-Comstor offers channel partners value-added distribution services that extend global logistical capabilities and a range of support and technical services. With one platform of integrated, powerful digital toolsets across purchasing, renewals, sales management, cloud services and software, Westcon-Comstor drives customer experience to benefit all partners across the supply chain.